Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Job ID(Requisition ID):
We are hiring a Dynamic Shipping and Receiving Clerk for our Precision Technology Division in Concord, CA. The qualified candidate is experienced working in a manufacturing environment and will perform a wide variety of tasks involved in Shipping and/or Receiving.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Shipping / Receiving in a major ERP System.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective multi-task skills and ability to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates High-attention to Detail and Accuracy.
- Demonstrates High Output ability with Quality.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Works with diverse groups.
- Receives, Verifies, Unpacks incoming items, checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices and information in the ERP system. Supports maintenance of required records of received goods rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary.
- Must have strong component ID ability and be able to follow Shipping/Receiving Procedures and Work Instructions per our ERP system.
- Prepares and Maintains all required records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment.
- Counts and packs various sized products in boxes, cartons or other containers, per Customer or Organization specifications. Checks material against packing lists for inclusion of all component parts. May assemble boxes and cartons, prepare special or non-standard packs.
- Follows specific instructions for correct carton, wrapping and arrangement of parts. Applies correct label, stamp and/or other identification as directed and secures package with specified closure.
- Assist in training entry-level employees.
- Operate forklifts and required equipment.
- Process inputs for receipts and shipments in ERP system.
- Maintains dock security. What would really impress us:
- 2-year technical degree
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills
- A take-charge attitude with initiative
- Ability to handle changing priorities Local candidates only. Attention Search Agencies Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.
- High School diploma or GED; 2+ years ERP System, Heavy Shipping or Receiving experience in Materials / Distribution warehouse
Concord, CA, USA
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.