This job is responsible for the operation of the line 1 or 4 blanchers, dryer, fryer, and related systems. The fryer operator has primary responsibility for product quality with regard to solids, color, and texture. The individual in this job is responsible for all equipment from the blanchers through the fryers to and including dryer and oil miser. The Fryer Operator is responsible for adding and mixing additives, checking dextrose and additive levels, performing free fatty acid tests, maintaining and recording temperatures of all equipment in this work area, ensuring correct oil usage for product being produced, and ensuring that product specifications are met to achieve operational goals.
- Fryer Operators are required to be cross-trained on Line 1, Line 4, and Batter Operator duties.
- Ensures there is no injury to self or others by following safe work practices (including Standard Operating Procedures) and policies.
- Attend and participate in all training activities for the position. Ensure the acquired skills and knowledge are applied.
- Ensures that process data from the Blancher, Fryer and Sapp/Sugar Dip system are monitored in Wonderware.
- Must be able to read and understand training materials, and other information related to the job and complete paperwork in a timely, efficient manner so the paperwork is thorough and legible. Must be able to enter data into computer.
- Ensures that the oil system is operated safely and correctly to maintain proper filtration and free fatty acid levels (FFA). Ensures the preparation of additives and monitors their flow into the transfer system.
- Performs required fry-ups and takes Agtron color measurements to make any necessary color adjustments. Ensures SAPP, Sugar and Free Fatty Acid tests are conducted to maintain levels at target values.
- Ensures the monitoring of the blancher circulation system and flushes/unplugs this system as necessary.
- Checks all equipment in the Dryer area to ensure they are fully functional. Checks all equipment in the Fryer area to ensure they are fully functional.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1+ years related experience and/or training
- Available to work night shift (7pm to 7am) and overtime shifts as needed.
- Math and computer skills.
- Forklift experience preferred, but on-the-job training is provided.
- Must be able to perform activities such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, stair and ladder climbing on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift a case of French fries – maximum 40 lbs.
12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM or 7PM to 7AM shifts.
The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Job Requisition ID: 1574
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant - Grand Forks
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.