Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an Assembly/Equipment Process Simulation Engineer opening to join our Central Manufacturing Engineering Group (CME) in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
As part of the Central Manufacturing Engineering Group, the successful candidate will work closely with NAR manufacturing locations, E&T, Advanced Manufacturing, and our new product organization to define, coordinate and manage the acquisition of the necessary capital equipment to successfully manufacture and deliver winning new products to the marketplace. The Assembly Engineer will be accountable to acquire and manage the associated assembly capital equipment for new products from conception through to formal production handoff at the selected manufacturing location with emphasis on vertical start-up improvements via discrete event simulation.
- The incumbent will also support team members and interface with equipment suppliers in automation and robotic process projects via their simulation expertise.
- As the CME Fabrication Engineer, you will be accountable for supporting new product integration by providing manufacturing expertise to each of the key functions.
- Working closely with primary NAR manufacturing locations to define capital purchases.
- Specifying through implementation and handoff of new equipment to manufacturing assembly operations.
- Improving the speed in which we deliver winning products to the marketplace using Visual Components and FlexSim software.
- Ensuring that new manufacturing processes are flexible in design to accommodate long-range new product cadence plans with the intent of minimizing future capital requirements.
- Working closely with the Advanced Manufacturing Group to ensure that new processes are in compliance with the established Global Bill of Processes.
- Leading projects and special assignments as required.
- Use World Class Manufacturing and Early Equipment Management methodologies to execute the development and delivery of major projects. This will require collaboration with other WCM (World Class Manufacturing) pillars and Factory operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- 2+ years of experience using Visual Components Professional and/or FlexSim
- 1+ years of Robotic programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, or Creo.
- Experience in running multiple scenario discrete event simulations.
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong team direction skills with a “take charge” attitude
- Knowledge of appliance fabrication, tooling, and related manufacturing processes such as complex fabrication lines/cells that contain forming, piercing, bending, welding, adhesives, robotics, material handling, etc.
- Ability to translate component GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ) into equipment designs so that critical interfaces are assured
- Demonstrated history of collecting and analyzing measurement / SPC (Statistical Process Control) data to identify trends, patterns and drive to the root cause
- Experience in new product introductions, including the direct planning and acquisition of the associated capital equipment
- Hands-on experience working in a heavily automated production environment is desired
- Demonstrated history of on the floor, get your hands dirty, work ethic
- Demonstrated history of gathering input from key stakeholders and gaining their buy-in
- Demonstrated history of success working in a matrix managed environment
- Demonstrated success in translating technical concepts to commonly used business language
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at .
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.