Senior Account Director – Department of Defense (D0D) Education, Training, Modeling & Simulation
PAE is seeking a Senior Account Director to play a key and central leadership role in the development, coordination and implementation of strategies to support ongoing National Security Solutions (NSS) business. Responsible for interacting and creating relationships with the various Department of Defense (DoD) Education, Training, Modeling and Simulation (M&S) markets. These include all services, agencies and departments and is not limited to geographical and functional COCOMs, major training commands CONUS, OCONUS and deployed operations. Focus areas are life-cycle training, curriculum development through instruction; modeling and simulation, to include Live, Virtual, Synthetic, and Constructive; and training site management and facilitation. The position interacts with PAE program leadership executives and their teams. The Senior Account Leader reports to the Senior Vice President/Lead Account Executive.
Mature existing relationships with customers to expedite pipeline development and bring “the voice of the customer” into opportunity strategies. Proactively create, cultivate, enhance relationships with current and potential new customers and key contacts in the DoD education, training and M&S to help identify new business opportunities. Position will convey customer’s most important requirements and opportunities to company leadership and recommend an appropriate response considering current market conditions.
Serve as a senior leader in the business unit during opportunity identification, qualification, competitive positioning, and strategy development. Daily activities will include customer relationship building, developing and executing contact plans, working as part of a team with program management and business leadership to sell and develop solutions to highly complex customer problems, influencing pursuit and overall account strategies. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing growth and engagement plans for all customers. He/she will provide the business rationale and advocate for making PAE investments through demonstrated business cases. The Account Manager will actively advocate well-developed approaches, providing compelling business cases to differentiate value of PAE's solutions, and win targeted business.
- The candidate will have established customer relationships and be known among industry partners.
- The candidate will lead strategic account planning, prioritization, pipeline development.
- Responsible for establishing and growing in these markets by strategically seeking out and creating opportunities and channels to market.
- Establishes strategic objectives for all current and future capabilities in business processes, analytical and staff support.
- Develop and deliver strategic plans for the BD organization, focused on growth and new capability activities.
- In collaboration with BD leadership and line management, influence win strategies for new business pursuits.
- Identify new services and adjacent market opportunities based on customer requirements.
- Maintain a strong understanding of PAE services, represent their benefits, and functionality to customers.
- Work with business development and marketing in support of corporate trade shows and events.
- Analyze multiple types of financial and market data, determine, verify and validate rationale behind business pursuit of opportunities.
- Develop network of key partners to maximize win probabilities.
- Use and maintain accurate sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Align relationships, channels to market, pipeline, win strategies and capability development with Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Growth Plan (SGP).
- This position will require travel.
- Experience developing business cases, plans and strategies.
- Proven and current knowledge of customer environment and acquisition processes.
- Current relationships and experience within assigned customer set.
- Experience in developing and executing call plans.
- Current understanding of business development processes.
- Must have the ability to work across organizational boundaries and jurisdictions, leading customer meetings and cross-discipline teams in development of customer solutions.
- Experience developing opportunities from early concept / trend identification through qualification.
- Experience and proven success in shaping opportunities to increase win probabilities.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of commercial contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Ability to engage, motivate and collaborate within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Team-building and influencing outcomes by the ability to motivating performance and establishing coalitions across a matrixed organized where many team members report to other line managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or subject matter relevant to customer’s mission required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 15 or more years working with customer organizations.
- Credibility with external constituents, specifically with broad customer sets; the candidate should have a developed network of relevant contacts in these communities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret US Government clearance.