Country: United States of America
Location: UT56: 8 Farm Springs 8 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
The Manager of Hedge Funds & Portable Alpha will participate in the management of $100B of Corporate Pension and Savings Plan assets by performing a broad range of financial analysis critical to the successful investment and oversight of Plan assets.
This role will focus primarily on the management of Raytheon’s hedge fund/portable alpha investment portfolio and associated beta overlays. This position will also have exposure to the multi-asset/strategic partnership/risk parity portfolios.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day investment portfolio of assets in the hedge fund portfolio as well as monitoring the risk and implementation of beta overlay programs of third-party partners
- Maintaining a network across the investment community to source new investment opportunities
- Conducting fundamental research to underwrite potential investments and re-underwrite existing investments across hedge fund strategies including equity, credit, macro, structured products, multi-strategy, event driven, distressed, relative value, insurance-linked, volatility, etc.
- Working with Raytheon’s legal resources to ensure timely completion of legal and regulatory documents
- Working with the team’s operational colleagues to complete contributions, withdrawals, initial fundings and terminations as well as facilitating setup of proper performance and accounting reporting
- Working with Raytheon’s Investment Committee to discuss comprehensive investment topics covering managers, markets and portfolio construction
- Working closely with Raytheon’s hedge fund portfolio third party service providers, custodial relationship, and internal pension investments staff
- Monitoring performance, portfolio positions, current events and organizational changes of the invested fund managers and completing analytical reviews to evaluate the relative performance of each fund manager on a regular basis via internal systems and third party service providers such as Albourne Partners
- Managing strategic partnership with customized fund of funds to complement existing direct hedge fund program
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred areas of study include Finance, Accounting, Economics, Legal or related field
- MBA/CFA/CAIA or other advanced degree is preferred
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as an investor at a pension, endowment, foundation, family office or comparable investment platform
- Completed or advanced progress towards CFA, CAIA or MBA preferred
- Capacity to think creatively and explore themes and identify managers which are unique
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills, coupled with reasonable judgment and qualitative insight
- Persistent curiosity about topics such as capital markets, geopolitics, behavioral finance, risk management
- A self-starter who is highly motivated and willing to make mistakes and learn from them
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- A patient and disciplined investor who seeks and accepts a high degree of personal responsibility
- Superior organizational and communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to write effectively and create graphical content for presentations
- Knowledge across various investment related analytic platforms such as FactSet, Bloomberg, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout corporate headquarters
- A general passion for investments and global capital markets
- Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving operational improvements. ACE training and certification preferred
- Microsoft suite proficiency a must
- Willingness to travel
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms