Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
We are a passionate group of product developers, designers, artists, merchants and planners where art truly meets science. Fanatics Brands is proud to be the largest purveyor of long-term rights and partnerships for all major sports leagues and hundreds of colleges. We are first to market with premium apparel and headwear along with official fan jerseys for the NHL, NBA and NFL. When the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup and World Series ends, we are the team running apparel to the players and delivering to fans around the globe. Our commitment to sports doesn't stop there - we've made strategic alliances with Blizzard Entertainment, Disney, Marvel, Lucas Film and Pixar to bring fans an unprecedented assortment. At its core, Fanatics Brands is all about speed and agility. We are built to always respond to the ever-changing sports world.
The Senior Technical Designer leads all aspects of designated product category pertaining to technical construction, quality, fit, measuring, grading, and decoration placement. This role supports and prioritizes activities that meet product buy-ready calendar deadlines and financial plans. Drives implementation of technical product standards and process of products developed and manufactured for Fanatics Brands globally, inclusive of driving efficiencies and process improvements, ensuring key business objectives are being met.
- Lead and execute development process for all stages of final approval by product category including construction, fit, and decoration placement.
- Ensure tech packs and product specifications are consistent, accurate, complete and posted to vendors by required buy ready dates.
- Work with PD/TD Team to interpret design intent and offer alternate solutions to engineer product to cost.
- Manage fit process to ensure garment construction, measurements and overall fit is consistent with brand and category vision. Oversee fit sessions ensuring execution of design and fit intent translates from concept into bulk production and ensure buy-ready deliverables are met seasonally. Coach and mentor Technical Design team by actively attending Fittings and provide needed feedback.
- Resolve construction, fit & quality issues with recommended solutions maintaining deadlines and commercially acceptable product decisions.
- Establish & maintain appropriate fit block reference libraries and grading standards to manage product consistency and delivering reduced timelines and fit sample iterations in the product development cycle.
- Establish Global Technical Design Product, Process and Standards manuals. Communicates and reinforces process and standards with Quality team, support Sourcing hubs with on-boarding new vendors and active vendor base, inclusive of supporting Vendor Certified Tech Design programs. Consistently reviews process and fundamentals to improve best practices across all locations.
- Responsible for Fanatics graded body measurement standards across genders, inclusive of standard Alvanon fit form designation. In conjunction with graded body measurements, validate product standard grading & sizing. Manage efforts to maintain product fit standards and annual analysis according to current ASTM guidelines and industry standards, considering competition, key retailers and market influence. Collaborates to connect strategy on all genders, brands, and seasons to reach consensus cross-functionally. Stay abreast to International Size Standards and apply within Fanatics as needed.
- Active membership in product-related boards such as ASTM, AAFA, CPSC
- Develop and mentor team via performance feedback, goal-setting, and development plans. Establish new employee on-boarding curriculum and on-going training opportunities.
- BS or Master's Degree in Product Development, Technical Design, Pattern Making, Fit Engineer or related field, with minimally 10 years of relative hands-on experience
- Ability to manage team & priorities in high workflow, high-pressure environment with strong sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge of global manufacturing and operations capabilities
- Strong fabric knowledge as applied to garment fit
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills for building relationships with internal and external partners
- Proficient in PLM, data bases, pattern making software and MS Office applications
- Experienced in working with off-shore factories and knowledge of apparel manufacturing processes
- Excellent pattern making/grading skills
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.