We provide a full range of automotive transportation and logistics services to OEMs, remarketers, fleets, auctions, and dealers throughout North America. We deliver a full spectrum of services within the finished-vehicle and remarketed-vehicle markets, including Land Transportation, Rail & Yard Management, Vehicle Inspections, Claims Management, and Title Services.
Founded by Jack Cooper as a carrier for General Motors from the Leeds Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Missouri.
About the job
We are looking for Experienced Car Haul Drivers who want to join our elite team
at our Belvidere, IL Terminal!
We offer local & regional runs
*You must have a minimum of two (2) years verifiable tractor/trailer driving
experience (1 year will accepted with trucking school certification)
*You must possess a Class-A CDL with endorsements for operating a
tractor/trailer with air brakes.*
*Car Hauling Experience Required*
We Offer Competitive Wages and Union Benefits!
Drivers make between $1.00 to $1.29 per mile
For more information call Driver Recruiting 800-569-5201. Job summary
- $1,200 - $1,300 total average weekly pay
- 1,700 - 2,000 average miles per week
- Company driver (solo)
- Car Carrier & Decking
- 5 days on, 2 days off
- 5 - 7 required days out
- Home every weekend
- 50% driver load / unload
- 50% live load / unload
- 50% no touch freight
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Pets are not allowed
- Riders are not allowed
- Daily customer interactions and maintaining good customer relations.
- Maintaining a driver's log in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Loading and unloading cargo while operating cargo handling equipment.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Inspection of vehicle, equipment, and cargo to ensure everything is safe, legal, and secure.
- Being available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- Submitting customer paperwork and deposits including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Carrier size 1,000 trucks or more
- Mostly manual trucks
- Governed trucks at 66 mph on cruise control (may vary when off cruise control)
- Taking truck home is not allowed.
- At least 23 years old
- Class A license
- Not qualified if you have manual restriction, night driving restriction, no semi trailer restriction, intrastate only restriction or medical variance restriction
- Tractor trailer experience
- at least 2 years in the last 3 years
- Experience must be with a 53 ft trailer minimum
- Must be able to pass urine test
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must have basic proficiency in the English language
- Must have finished High School or have passed GED or state approved equivalent
- Must have a valid DOT medical card
- Good driving record
- Stable work history