Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?
Hear what some of our employees have to say about !
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Johnston-Willis Hospital
14 Bed Unit
Provides continuous 24/7 monitoring of patients who are critically ill with life-threatening injury or diseases.
Registered Nurses on this unit will utilize their skills in advanced heart monitors, ventilators for breathing assistance, feeding tubes and catheters.
With an experienced and stable leadership team, RNs have the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance either in the unit, in other Johnston-Willis specialty areas, or across HCA hospitals.
The Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of seriously and critically ill patients, in support of HCA ethical principles and values. This includes continuous observation and frequent measurements of relevant indicators of clinical conditions and outcomes.
- Nurses will provide direct access to patients for major procedures and therapies, including resuscitation.
- Recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness projects upon a patient and their family.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluates patient’s signs and symptoms; then records and reports results.
- Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
Preferred: Five (5) years current nursing experience within an acute setting. Experience as a Clinical Coordinator with demonstrated proficiency. Demonstrated leadership ability with the skill to educate others.
- Full Time
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend and Holiday rotations
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.