When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This Manager Finance, Inventory Accounting is responsible for directing and managing the Chennai Accounts Payable staff to provide financial support for the Thermo Fisher Scientific - Customer Channels Group. This position is responsible for the accuracy, accountability and communication of all Inventory and Supplier Rebate Receivables related transactions. In addition, the Manager Finance, Inventory Control is required to establish internal controls and procedures to protect the assets of the company and evaluate new controls or procedures as required.
- Manage the Chennai Accounts Payable staff.
- Act as liaison between the Pittsburgh based CCG teams (Supply Chain, Portfolio Management and Customer Service) and the Costa Rica Shared Service AP-Inventory Team as well as integrate solutions and provide support.
- Interact with the Costa Rica Rebate Receivable Team as a matrix manager to help influence and drive results as well as integrate solutions and provide support.
- Hiring, training and directing the work flow of the staff.
- Perform supervisory / management duties for Financial Analyst position in Director's absence.
- Interacts on a regular basis with upper management as well as internal departments to integrate solutions and provide support that meet the company's goals both financially and operationally.
- Create, analyze and distribute weekly and month end inventory management reports.
- Ensure compliance with Internal Controls and company policies.
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures to enforce fiscally responsible inventory control practices and procedures.
- Manage close process and complete necessary monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in conducting physical inventory counts and reconciliations.
- Conduct site audits to ensure adherence to inventory control procedures.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Cost Accounting including knowledge of technical accounting principles
- 3+ years of supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Candidate will demonstrate robust financial acumen in several areas including financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and technical accounting knowledge.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- The ability to analyze and communicate variances to management is required to be successful in this position, as well as, the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Candidate must have proven history of participating on cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills and working knowledge of Mainframe, MS Excel, Oracle and COGNOS are required; skills with MS Access and MS PowerPoint are preferred.
- Travel required at 10% including warehouse locations and/or customer locations which include warehouses and stockrooms.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific