The sales development representative will start off with an inside sales role with the goal of learning about customers, products and skills necessary to move into an outside sales role within 1-2 years of hire. GCC will facilitate rotational duties in repair & production for hands-on training as well as shadowing management and outside sales. The sales development representative will be expected to pass the Fluid Power Certification from IFPS and demonstrate competency with products, vendors and sales skills to move to an outside role. This is an exciting opportunity to learn industrial sales in a supportive environment with training support!
- Supporting current outside sales employees with customer support to large OEM accounts - including order expediting, order status questions, providing quotes and assisting with additional customer information as requested.
- Answering incoming calls for sales, service, product availability, order expediting, credit issues, managing orders in the ERP system and creating quotes.
- Find new business leads from incoming requests for quotes & phone calls.
- Cross sell and upsell products and value-added services as applicable.
- Support and participate in the organization’s continual improvement program to conform to ISO 9001 requirements and Quality Management System.
- Complete rotations in production and repair departments to assist with teardowns, product modifications and building subassemblies, to learn how products and systems function.
- Attend sales training as assigned, study fluid power basics achieve Fluid Power Specialist certification (as designated by the International Fluid Power Society).
- Shadow outside sales and assist with in-person customer visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Industrial Distribution, Engineering or other applicable field of study.
- Entry level position – considering recent college graduates
- Experience with technical concepts (fluid power experience preferable)
- Customer service work experience
- Mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience
- Commitment to academic achievement
- Ability to problem solve/learn new concepts
- Charisma - likability and ability to engage with others
- Empathy - relating to customer & coworkers
- Confidence - owning accomplishments and ability to take risks in new challenging situations
- Hunter mentality, looking for the big fish, competitive
- Resilience - demonstrated ability to overcome "no" and persistence to win in the face of rejection
- Discipline to follow-up, ability to put in the extra hours to ensure customers get the best level of service.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401(k) plans with company match. A unique benefit GCC offers as part of Employee Owned Holdings, Inc. is participation in the employee stock ownership plan.
What is an ESOP?
ESOP is a special retirement program that allows employees to own rights in the stock in the company. When you join EOHI, you automatically begin investing in your future (without having to purchase shares). We are a high growth company committed to training our employee owners to develop their skills and advance in their careers.
- Studies also show that retirement account balances for ESOP companies are 2.5 times higher.
- ESOP companies grow 2.5 times faster than those companies without employee ownership.
- Research shows employee owned companies are superior in performance, employee benefits and employee morale because everyone is working towards a common goal.