Seegrid currently has an opening for the Manager of Application Engineering. The Manager will report to the Director of Application Engineering. The Manager of Application Engineering will lead a team of Lead Application Engineers that support key Seegrid customers. A successful Manager will have a strong history of process, layout, automation, or operational design within the material handling industry. The Manager will be responsible for the coaching and development of the Lead Application Engineer’s strategic technical selling skills. They will contribute to the development of strategic sales plans, and drive thought leadership within the Application Engineering group. A successful Manager will stimulate team performance through the development of meaningful strategic objectives and key results. The Manager will support the Director in the development of relationships with key stakeholders within our customer base and partner companies. The Manager will be accountable for the development of training programs as well as continuous improvement of processes within the Application Engineering team.
- Managing a team of up to 6 Lead Application Engineers
- Subject matter expert on all technical aspects of Seegrid Products
- Oversight and coaching on technical solutions and account strategy for all customers assigned to Lead Application Engineers
- Development of critical Industrial/Mechanical engineering skills within the team of Lead Application Engineers.
- Set and communicate customer priorities to the Lead Application Engineers on an ongoing basis
- Develop strategic approaches to solving customer, company, and team problems
- Developing training material for Application Engineering in conjunction with Product development as new offerings are released
- Support the Director of Application Engineering in the continuous evaluation, measurement, and improvement Application Engineering processes and team goals.
- Monitors appropriate metrics, reviews execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues to ensure performance to plan.
- Creating communication and information channels, processes, and documentation for Seegrid Partner Product Development
- Participate in cross-functional teams to drive customer feedback into the Product Development Process
- Develop strategic team goals aligned to the department's objectives to ensure business, technical, and customer requirements are achieved.
- BS in Industrial, or Mechanical engineering or related field
- Masters Degree is a plus
- Experienced in Microsoft Office & AutoCAD
- 8 + years of engineering experience in the Material Handling Systems Industry
- 5 + years of cross-functional Project Management experience
- 5 + years of experience in technical sales with customer-facing roles
- 3 + years of experience leading a team of 2 or more direct reports
- Experience within the Logistics, Distribution, or Manufacturing industries
- Proven track record of managing complex process improvement projects with measured operational savings within the material handling industry
- Experience in the development of departmental or process key performance indicators and related improvement methods
- History of implementing and recognizing value LEAN methods. LEAN certification is a plus
- Demonstrated thought leader that coaches the team to also become advocates for innovation, continuous improvement, and company expansion
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with all levels of the organization, customers, and partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; a record of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from executive level stakeholders within customer organizations
- Able to travel > 40% of the time including internationally as needed
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Powered by JazzHR