NikSoft Systems Corporation is a recognized Information Technology solutions provider. Founded in 1998 and based in Reston, Virginia, NikSoft is a CMMI Level 3 Certified company with an established reputation for excellence and on-time delivery with a consistently high customer satisfaction rating from its Federal Government and private consulting contracts.
NikSoft is seeking a CNI Engineer to join our growing NAVAIR team at Patuxent River to assist with providing avionics integration support and technical direction in the areas of: requirements generation, systems design and integration, development, modification, test, production, sustainment, deployment, operations, and disposal as required in regard to Communication, Navigation, Surveillance Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) systems. Dynamic programs which will be supported are the V-22 Joint Program Office (JPO) and PMA-275 with CV-22 (AF Variant).
- Provide Communication, Navigation, Identification (CNI) expertise and assist as a focal point and technical manager on Navigation system developments.
- Work closely with USAF CNS/ATM agencies, i.e., AFLCMC/HBA Air Traffic Services (ATS), to assist in the generation of performance matrices, verification methodologies, data collection and performance assessment (PA) generation in order to certify required capabilities for civil airspace.
- Provide navigation databases expertise and development technical management, to include (at minimum): World Wide Navigation Database, Terrain Avoidance Databases, and loading/mission planning equipment. Possess knowledge of the development, testing, and certification process as well as the external suppliers/agencies and products involved, i.e., Flight Management System suppliers, National Geospatial-intelligence Agency (NGA), AFLCMC/HBM Air Mission Planning Division, Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File, JEPPESEN and Avionics Weapon Electronics.
- Assist the Government by providing knowledge and guidance and producing artifacts to support Systems Integration; OSS&E; Airworthiness Certification, per the latest version of MIL-HDBK-516; Safety, per Mil-Std-882; and Life Cycle Systems Engineering, per AFI 63-1201.
- Knowledge of the development, testing, and certification process as well as the external suppliers/agencies and products involved, i.e., Flight Management System suppliers, National Geospatial-intelligence Agency (NGA), AFLCMC/HBM Air Mission Planning Division, Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File, JEPPESEN and Avionics Weapon Electronics.
- Demonstrated knowledge, and/or familiarity with the DoD and acquisition series, Federal and DoD acquisition regulations.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering related field and 10+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Link-16, SATCOM
- Familiarity with the Air Force and/or Air Force Special Operating Forces (AFSOC)/Special Operations Command (SOCOM) Organization and Aircraft Weapon Systems; CV
Job Posted by ApplicantPro