CDS Senior Shift Supervisor
Job Locations US-UT-Orem
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date 4 hours ago(8/14/2020 7:31 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-281048 # of Openings 1 Category (Portal Searching) Product and Event Demonstrations
CDS Senior Shift Supervisor
Are you outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with people? If promoting the best brands to today’s shoppers sounds appealing, then Club Demonstration Services (CDS), the in-house product demonstration company for Costco, might be the place for you! We are looking for a Senior Shift Supervisor who will lead by example, providing excellent customer service preparing and demonstrating products to club members.
The Senior Shift Supervisor will oversee scheduled in-warehouse events in the absence of Event Manager. They will assist the Event Manager with day to day operations such as daily reports, interviewing and training new Sales Advisors, and ensuring compliance with company policy.
CDS is the preferred in-house event marketing provider to Costco. We offer the best person-to-person marketing services in the industry, driving sales for our customers and Costco. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer:
- Immediate, part-time positions
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Flexible hours
- Sales incentives
- Great team members
- Prepare and demonstrate food and non-food vendor products to Costco club members.
- Interact with customers and management in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales.
- Provide excellent customer services, including assessing the needs of the customer to best recommend products.
- Assist Event Manager with day to day operations and oversee in-warehouse events in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible schedule, including weekend availability.
- Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and superb member care
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions, perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage the consumer by creating brand awareness and enthusiasm
- Dynamically sell product to the member
- Support the Event Manager’s direction of all associate related activities engaged in creating daily and weekly events, promotions, profile events and growing sales of vendor products
- Coordinate organization and execution of non-food events, road shows and special events
- Optimize customer satisfaction/loyalty through improved operations. Lead by example to engage the consumer, create brand awareness, enthusiasm and sales through event sampling and promotions.
- Coordinate organization and execution of non-food events, road shows and special events.
- Coach junior staff in proper event procedures and selling techniques to ensure maximum results of company sales goals
- Assist Managers to process daily event results in order to provide timely reports to the Payroll and Accounting department to accurately process payroll and vendor billing
- Oversee product preparation, presentation and storage of vendor products and supplies. Ensure associates follow DPIS and Scheduling instructions to provide adequate sample amounts and quality events
- Assist Managers with health, safety and sanitation issues in order to maintain a safe and clean work environment for employees and customers in compliance with all OSHA requirements, other governmental regulations and company standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned %
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
3-5 Years of experience in a client-side, branded, consumer-packaged goods company; or a combination of supplier-side and client-side experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong Prioritizing Skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted practices, procedures, & standard policy & procedure development techniques
- Decision Making Skills
- Ability to Visualize & Plan Objectives & Goals Strategically
- Conflict Management Skills
- Ability to Exercise Sound Judgement
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
- NEHA Professional Food Handler Certification required
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
p style="margin: 0px;"
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Club Demonstration Services