Farwest Steel is accepting applications for our Cut to Length division, Warehouse Person, located in Vancouver, WA.
Major Duties Performed:
- Follow all safety policies and procedures to assure safe effective and efficient work tasks.
- Operate overhead crane to load or unload railcars, trailers, customer’s vehicles, etc.
- Keep machine operators supplied with proper steel & pull/stage for next shift.
- Perform weekly and monthly assigned preventative maintenance tasks
- Will perform clean up duties daily to maintain safe work area.
- Will occasionally be requested to work other positions as backup for vacation/sick coverage.
- Will operate forklift or railcar mover occasionally.
- Compliance with general company attendance standards is acceptable.
- Will be working in warehouse setting with some daily exposure to weather conditions (cold, wet, hot).
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention to work tasks is required to monitor the production process, attend to safety conditions, operate required vehicles, etc.
- Warehouseman/Crane operator training or prior experience of at least 12 months.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to read and write in English to follow written instructions and record work activities performed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Both Overhead cranes & Bushman attachments, Company computer applications & e-mail, forklift, railcar mover,
Farwest Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Veterans APPLY HERE!
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
Powered by JazzHR