Under the direction of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and/or the Director / Office Supervisor, the LPN performs diagnostic procedures, assists the provider with patient procedures and performs routine laboratory tests.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
· Licensed Practical Nurse must be currently licensed to practice in the State of Indiana.
· Minimum of 2 years of current clinical experience in order to acquire a thorough knowledge of scientific principles of nursing and professional nursing standards, and develop skill in nursing techniques and the ability to adapt techniques to individual patient needs.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care for all age groups and their family members.
· CPR certificate is required.
· Must demonstrate ability in taking patient vitals, injections/immunizations, charting and documentation, infectious waste handling, sterile technique and routine lab procedures including collection.
· Excellent attitude, interpersonal skills and communication abilities necessary to interact with patients, physicians and other hospital associates.
Community Healthcare System