1 year experience as an RCP in a hospital setting.
Registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as respiratory therapist in good standing.
California RCP license active/current and in good standing.
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field preferred.
Current ACLS, PALS, and BLS certifications.
Studer or other customer service/team building experience preferred.
- Administration of therapies as prescribed by a provider and according to the standard procedure described in the Departmental Policy and Procedure Manual in these areas: Oxygen therapy, Aerosol therapy, IPPB therapy, Continuous Mechanical Ventilation, Incentive Spirometry, Chest physiotherapy, Oro/Nasopharyngeal suctioning, Trachea-bronchial suctioning and tracheotomy care, Airway management/assessment, Cardio Pulmonary resuscitation, Medication administration, BiPAP/CPAP therapy, Arterial Blood Gases, Conduct Electrocardiograms, Hookup, disconnection, downloads Holter Monitoring data for analysis.
- Incorporates knowledge of patient’s functional and development age into patient care activities.
- Patient monitoring: must be able to identify side effects to therapy or life threatening conditions and take appropriate actions.
- Equipment monitoring: must be able to assemble, test prior to patient use and monitor equipment for proper function, report any defects. Must be able to perform calibration and sterilization of equipment.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for problem-solving and clinical decision-making and accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions.
- Documentation of patient administration therapies, side effects and or results.
- Documentation of shift therapies administered and statistical information for hospital records and patient charges.
- Handling and changing of medical gas cylinders: must be able to identify various types of medical gases and the proper administration of these gases and must know the proper method of transporting cylinders and proper storage techniques.
- Flexibility to work varied hours and shifts, on call or overtime coverage for emergencies.
- Discretionary, good verbal and written skills needed. Basic windows computer skills needed. Proficiency navigating through Orchard Hospital Health Information Systems (HIS) Chart Access inpatient HIS, LabDaq LIS, T-System ED HIS, ISTAT point of care testing, ELearning, and Orchard Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Facilitate and maintain a departmental environment that supports the mission, vision, and goals of Orchard Hospital and the CARE program of patient care and excellence.
- Demonstrates effective communication with members of the health care team to achieve desired outcomes; Attends and participates in all required in-service training and mandatory meetings (75% staff mtg).