We’re offering an exciting career opportunity as a LOCATION/AGRONOMY MANAGER for our David City, NE location. This role combines managing efficient operations of the agronomy & grain location which handles fertilizer, crop protection and seed while also serving as the go-to agronomic resource for our customers. This role requires a STRONG MANAGER, one that can develop employees, manage change and roll up your sleeves and assist in any capacity needed.
Scope of role: This facility moves approximately 2.5 million tons liquid fertilizer, with custom applications of up to 40,000 acres and 20-25,000 acres of dry application. This location utilizes Anyhydrous Ammonia, and has a capacity of 1100 ton dry-shed.
We offer competitive compensation and bonus structure along with medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSA), voluntary dental, voluntary vision 401K, paid time off, holiday pay, and coop retirement. We also offer a culture where safety is first!
This job might be for you if you have:
- 3 years agronomy experience (preferred)
- Strong management skills of 15-20 employees
- Ability to lead a team with a focus on efficiency and attention to detail
- Customer-centric focus
- Basic mechanical understanding
- Responsible for managing agronomy branch operations including managing the team, operational efficiency, and customer support
- Work and communicate with the Grain Manager when sharing human resources and equipment
- Inventory control and responsible for coordinating inventory counts, adjustments, etc.
- Manage operating budget for the location focused on
- Communicates and promotes agronomic products, services, and programs that meet customer’s needs.
- Although not directly managing, coordinates with territory sales representatives on meeting customers' needs
- Directs employees in all aspects of operations including unloading, loading, application, walk-in sales, and product deliveries.
- Develops best efficiency practices
- Operates facility under EPA, OSHA, and Department of Agriculture laws, regulations, and guidelines.