1. Escort patients to exam rooms and assist in determining need for office visit.
2. Take vital signs and weights and assist in the patient flow, patient history, review medications.
3. Enter appropriate results of vital signs into the EPIC system.
4. Assist physicians in the examination and treatment of patients.
5. Clean and restock exam rooms, order necessary supplies as needed and assist in the maintenance of equipment.
6. Answer telephone courteously and timely and take accurate messages and transfer appropriate calls to Team Leader.
7. Schedule all tests and procedures as requested by Team Leader.
8. Pick up lab reports, X-rays and correspondence as requested.
9. Assist in the maintenance of tracking systems of tests and results.
10. Attend required meetings, training's and participates in committees as requested.
11. Enhance professional growth and development through in service meetings and education programs.
12. Work in alternative departments and sites as requested.
13. Maintain patient confidentiality.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
15. Check fridge temps, code cart, and glucose meter daily.
16. Complete all forms for clinicians to sign.
Education: Formal medical education, training and certification as a Medical Assistant. National Certification is required (NHA, AAMA, NHA or NCCT) within the first 90 days.
Experience: One year of experience in a urgent care preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to prioritize work and respond to changing needs
Environmental Working Conditions: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to an office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Mass General Brigham