The Technical Product Manager will be a key contributor in helping us plan and manage the roadmap for the business aspects of the Imagine Learning product platform. Specific assignments will depend on the person’s skills and experience, but may include provisioning, authentication, shared login services, third-party integrations, entitlements, credential management, micro services and event-driven data streams. These enabling technologies are either already integrated into Imagine Learning products or are on the immediate roadmap for development.
What you will do
- Develop & Maintain Product Strategy & Roadmap
- Monitor industry technology advancements and trends
- Define new products, product requirements, and customer use-cases
- Work closely with engineering to communicate the feature set and understand the technical/business tradeoffs in the development effort
- Act as “Product Owner” in the Agile Development Process
- Create user stories to represent product features, requirements, and use cases
- Work with Development teams during the development cycle (sprints) to ensure the product meets customer requirements
- Participate in Scrum meetings including stand ups, retrospectives, planning, and internal demos
- Work with User Experience engineers on the design of the product interface
- Develop metrics & conduct evaluations for verifying the success of objectives & roadmap features
- 3 or more years’ experience as a product manager in software and technology products, preferable with K-12 education cloud-based products
- Experience taking products through the full development cycle to product launch using agile or scrum
- Strong background in agile and scrum development methodologies
- Knowledge of modern development practices, including APIs, databases, networking, mobile apps, and standards conformance
- Successfully launched and evangelized software products through indirect or direct channels
- Specific knowledge of student privacy compliance in K-12 education is desired
- Ability to analyze market, competitive, and industry trends and create a product strategy to win the market and delight customers
- Ability to document use cases and user stories and also to optimize priorities for product development
- Ability to analyze and communicate market and technology requirements as well as product capabilities to technical and non-technical audiences
- Purpose - do something more than just make money -- here, we impact the lives of millions of kids through education.
- Company security and growth - We're privately owned by Weld North and Silver Lake Partners - a private equity group specializing in scaling companies, which has $39 billion in combined assets under management and committed capital. Their current investment portfolio includes large, high-profile companies like Alibaba Group, Tesla, Ancestry, SoFi, Dell Technologies, GoDaddy, SolarWinds, Symantec, and us!
- Benefits - World-class health, retirement savings, and wellness benefits for you and dependents.
- Recovery time - Paid vacations and a yearly schedule built around educators.
- Culture - Quarterly team activities, and the most genuine and fun coworkers you'll ever have.
Powered by JazzHR