2. Assists engineers and toolmakers with tool design to contribute ideas that ensure tools will function properly with minimal maintenance.
3. Regularly reviews new tooling programs to ensure completion as scheduled.
4. Trouble shoots tooling and equipment with maintenance and tooling personnel as needed.
5. Directs the maintenance and repair of equipment, including establishing work schedules and ordering replacement parts.
7. Development/sustain Lock Out/Tag Out program.
6. Develop monitors execution of preventive maintenance program including coordination with production requirements.
7. Reviews alternative processes, equipment and hand tools for improving performance and investigates new equipment to improve productivity and reduce costs.
8. Maintains adequate stock of repair parts to keep production equipment running on schedule
9. Obtains cost estimates for repairs, both internally and by outside contractors. Reviews quotes, recommends action and initiates action as directed.
10. Administers direct supervisory responsibility for tool room and maintenance personnel, including selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations and developing work schedules.
11. Ensures that assigned employees perform job responsibilities in a safe manner by training employees on safety regulations and performing periodic safe checks.
12. Provides grievance and personal counseling and keeps employees informed of policies, procedures and operational changes.