Central Concrete Supply, LLC, a CRH company, supplies quality ready mixed concrete products to construction markets in Jasper, Indiana and the surrounding counties, providing innovative industry solutions and expertise in design and delivery. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
The Mixer Driver will drive a truck equipped with an auxiliary concrete mixer and deliver concrete mix to job sites, performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive truck under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, concrete and water and start mixer.
- Drive truck to location for unloading.
- Move levers on truck to release ready mixed concrete down truck chute into wheelbarrow or other conveying container or directly into area to be poured with ready mixed concrete.
- Clean truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
- Spray surfaces of truck with protective compound to prevent adhering of concrete.
- Assemble ready mix concrete chute as required to place cement.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fluid levels.
- Drive in a safe and courteous manner.
- Ability to work alone.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must project a professional image to both internal and external customers.
- Must follow all DOT rules and regulations.
- Must keep paperwork in order.
- Must keep equipment clean and in working order (including periodically entering the drum to hammer away hardened ready mixed concrete).
- Periodically assist customers with the placing and spreading of ready mixed concrete.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent.
Less than 10%
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid “Class B” CDL license and be able to pass a DOT physical and substance test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Concrete Supply, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this .