Work involves the skilled repair, maintenance and servicing of a variety of heavy equipment and vehicles. Candidate will diagnose, repair, and maintain vehicles and equipment to manufacturer and company set standards.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs using diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on vehicles and equipment and accurately document repairs made.
- Test repairs made to ensure downtime is minimized.
- Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop and mobile service truck if applicable.
High School Diploma and completion of a vocational training program in the area of automotive or heavy equipment mechanics.
Periodic and brake inspection certification is a plus. Knowledge in both diesel and gas engines. Engine diagnostic software experience preferred. Hydraulic hose repair and assembly experience is helpful.
Must be able to multitask and prioritize duties. Computer skills are required to document repairs within fleet management software.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.