H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment companies in the nation that provides the higher standard in equipment sales, rental, parts, and service. With locations across the United States, we pride ourselves on being an equipment company, run by equipment people. We leverage our national portfolio of equipment with a local approach to provide reliability, fair prices and the support of a first-class service team. Where others stop, we continue.
Crane Mechanics are responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of various crane equipment including mobile cranes and boom trucks. Must have experience as a mechanic with electrical and hydraulics (heavy equipment industry is preferred).
- A minimum 2-4 years of experience as a Crane Mechanic/Technician
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant driving experience
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Able to read schematics (both electrical and hydraulic)
- Capable of accomplishing tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Perform thorough and accurate annual inspections
- Demonstrate competency in the diagnosis, repair and troubleshooting of various hydraulic/lattice mobile cranes
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- History of safe work habits
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Maintains a great attitude toward work
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Factory, vocational or mechanical training a plus
- Sets a positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas/Field Service Trucks clean & orderly plus promoting safety regulations and all other company programs
- History of working with different forms of heavy equipment, specifically excavators, forklifts, compactors and other types of aerial and earth moving equipment
H&E Equipment Services