This is a field-based role.
Careers That Change Lives
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
Help lead the effort to create global strategies for worldwide medical device approvals to introduce new products to market. Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We assist your growth with the training, mentoring, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career that changes lives.
Cardiac and Vascular Group (CVG)
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe. This group includes Aortic, Peripheral and Venous (APV), Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure (CRHF), Atrial Fibrillation (AF) Solutions, and Coronary and Structural Heart products.
Within CVG, the Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure (CRHF) offers devices and therapies to treat abnormal heart rhythms, as well as cardiac diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
Bring your expertise and be a part of the CRHF Field Clinical Organization (FCO) as a Senior Field Clinical Engineer (FCE).
A Day in the Life
Tasks may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Provides technical assistance to clinical study sites by serving as the technical resource between engineering and the medical community.
- This position is applicable when complex products are involved in clinical trials.
- Typically present during initial implant to determine how the product interacts with a human body.
- Accountable for identifying investigators, presenting protocols for a study, assisting investigators in product application, and submitting status reports on all programs.
- Assist research and development in evaluating concepts of new products and modifying existing devices or therapies.
- Individuals in this role are often publishing data and findings in journals and may have existing patents and/or patent applications.
- Provides all aspects of assistance for Clinical Research studies by identifying investigators, nominating sites, performing activation duties, providing training, encouraging enrollment, ensuring quality data acquisition and performing study closure activities.
- Accountable for gaining and maintaining knowledge of clinical sites to best understand and assess physicians' interests and capabilities.
- Develops expertise in clinical and market released products and functions as a local technical/clinical resource for Medtronic and the customer.
- May be present in the operating room during clinical procedures as well as physician office to facilitate patient testing and data collection.
- Accountable for developing and leveraging relationships in the field to drive clinical activity and maintain focus on the customer.
- Provides feedback from clinical sites on the performance of the product to be incorporated in engineering designs or enhancements, Assists research and development in evaluating concepts for new products, and considers potential modifications for existing devices while serving as a technical resource between engineering and the medical pacing community.
- Provides prospective and real-time feedback to clinical study management in study design and document development.
- Plays a critical role in educating customers, sales partners and internal Clinical Research talent on the technology that they assist.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in clinical research/clinical specialist/clinical engineer within the healthcare industry or advanced degree with a minimum of and 2 years of experience in clinical research/clinical specialist/clinical engineer within the healthcare industry
- Experience in the management of clinical devices.
- Cardiovascular/Cardiac rhythm management device training (e.g., pacemakers & defibrillators) strongly preferred.
- Experience in a Cath lab, biomedical engineering, hospital/clinic or medical sales.
- Experience in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and/or regulatory compliance guidelines for clinical trials.
- Experience in clinical studies and/or trial site management/protocols.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional clinical partners/customers, physicians and/or medical sales colleagues in the healthcare industry
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Ability to lift and transport heavy equipment (30+ pounds).
- Due to the possibility of exposure to radiation and infectious diseases at clinical implants, FCEs are advised to wear protective clothing, gloves and goggles at all clinical procedures.
Check out benefits.medtronic.com
- Posting Date: Nov 24, 2020
- Travel: Yes,