Help at Home is still hiring in your community!
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support, providing a gold standard of care to seniors and people with disabilities.
Right now, our clients need us now more than ever. We are still hiring compassionate caregivers, and we recently increased wages to $13 per hour for all Illinois locations.
We are taking every precaution to protect our communities, and we commit to being transparent and open in our hiring process to ensure your health and safety. Our clients, caregivers and employees will always be our top priority.
Transportation Aides assist with transportation for Help At Home's DCFS clients including foster children and intact families to various department approved appointments and functions. Transportation Aides are assigned tasks that are approved by authorized DCFS staff and reports to an assigned Help At Home Supervisor.
Help At Home believes that our aides and caregivers are the foundation of our work. We offer in-depth initial and quarterly training to provide our staff with the tools to be successful. Eligible staff also have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit programs. Help At Home understands the need for flexible scheduling and paid time off, and strives to be an employer of choice in your community.
- Provides transportation for DCFS clients to approved locations in accordance with the Resource Referral Form
- Records and submits accurate and complete record keeping documents including maintaining a log book detailing each trip
- Attends all required training sessions and staff conferences and reports to the company supervisor weekly on each client
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one year of documented home care experience through a human services program
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of home management skills and effective communication skills
- Good physical health including documentation of a tuberculosis test within 6 months of the first assignment
- All Transportation Aides will complete training provided by Help At Home including a pre-service program and 16 hours of driver training; aides achieve an average score of 85% or greater on the exam; or must show evidence of twenty-five hours of supervised training as a homemaker within two years of the date of hire
- Must demonstrate a caring attitude toward all persons regardless of age or any physical or mental disability
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively follow written and oral directions and instructions