This position will report to the 2nd Shift Production Supervisor.The tasks listed below describe the major responsibilities of the position but should not be considered conclusive. All handbook principles apply and any directive from a member of management should be followed to the best of one's ability.
- Lift up to 25 lbs alone and up to 50 lbs assisted.
- Stand for up to ten hours.
- Primary duty is to feed the machine. However, the 1
Helper should train to set up, operate, troubleshoot and power down machine. * The 1
Helper will take direction from the Operator. * Position requires some mechanical aptitude to effectively run the machine to established run speeds while ensuring quality.
- Set feed section, mount printing plates, adjust anilox and substrate pressures, set pull collars, set scores, set slotter heads and adjust stacking section.
- Exercise care in mounting, repairing, maintaining and storing print plates.
- Possess complete understanding of corrugated properties such as flutes, liners, mediums and calipers.
- Possess complete understanding of manufacturing standards including joint gap widths, slot depth, print and die cut registration, scoring allowances, crush and overall carton dimensions.
- Participate in inventories and work overtime as necessary.
- Obey all safety procedures. Report accidents and unsafe acts.
- Follow all work instructions established.
- Read a tape measure, write clearly, and perform basic math.
- Read and interpret job ticket specification sheets and ratios.
- Perform general housekeeping of a workstation.
- Identify, segregate, label and quarantine defective materials.
- Complete accurate production paperwork including: start and end run time, number of units produced and total quantity completed.
- Input accurate daily production into a touch screen that is online with a central computer system.
- Affix proper load tags with correct counts on both in process and finished goods.
- Work in other areas when necessary as determined by Supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years of previous experience as a machine operator; preferrably in a packaging/manufacturing environment
Premier offers a competitive wage, complete benefit package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, as well as a company sponsored 401k retirement program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP . Premier Packaging will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)