Perigon is accepting resumes for a Sr. Process Chemical Engineer for a career in a consulting engineering environment working with chemical and industrial clients. The ideal candidate will have design consulting, project management and team leadership experience skills. The candidate will also possess experience or be interested in managing design projects for clients. This position involves being a primary point of contact with clients and will have project responsible charge responsibility.
This is a full-time permanent position with opportunities for career growth, training and exposure to a wide variety of clients, processes and technologies. The Sr. Process Chemical Engineer will be involved with project budgets, cost estimating and helping grow the business through sales presentations and proposal development.
- Solving diverse and open-ended design problems facing industrial clients.
- Designing chemical/process facilities.
- Identifying, selecting and recommending process equipment solutions for clients.
- Preparing key client deliverables including: material balances, flowsheets and design calculations.
- Support the preparation of RFQ’s, bid evaluations & coordination with vendors.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- BS Chemical Engineering
- NC PE License with NCEES record (preferred)
- 12+ years as a practicing chemical engineer with projects in the chemical, manufacturing and industrial markets.
- Team leadership skills.
- Proficiency with process chemical design (material balances, P&IDs, PFDs, equipment sizing and arrangements).
- Proficiency with spreadsheet-based design tools.
- Experience/knowledge with project coordination.
- Occasional travel to visit clients for projects/presentations (including overnight travel as required).
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401k Matching
- Flex Time
- And more