General Summary/Overview Statement
Working under direction and following standard policies and procedures, inspects, repairs, maintains, and/or assists in the installation of air conditioning systems, heating systems, and refrigerated equipment throughout the Hospital facilities and satellites using test equipment, manuals, specifications and drawings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Installation of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment
· Performs routine maintenance on equipment
· Knowledge of building automation systems.
· Ability to work with contractors.
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
May supervise one or more employees.
Complete daily time charges via iPad for charge-back purposes.
· Compliance with the Hospital and department rules on uniforms in addition to the Buildings & Grounds policy and procedure manual.
· The use of safety equipment such as: respirators, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc. on specific job assignments.
· a) Pass respirator clearance exam, b) along with compliance with Hospital’s universal precaution rules.
· Understand and practice patient confidentiality (HIPPA)
· Understand and practice infection control through proper dust containment. Understand the use of the environmental containment booths.
· Provide own hand tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Must have a Refrigeration Technician’s License – Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
· Must have a EPA Type 1, Type 2 Certification
· Minimum of seven years related experience.
· Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
· Interpersonal skills to: a) provide direction to other employees while working together on a project, b) communicate information about work to other trades personnel.
· Physical ability to climb ladders frequently and walk or stand very frequently. Occasionally (less than 15% of the time) must exert effort to lift over seventy pounds.
Mass General Brigham