Title: RN-Pulmonary-Registered Nurse
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas West Hospital
Department: Pulmonary 7D
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Weekend Option
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Saint Thomas is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of , the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Ascension Saint Thomas has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Ascension Saint Thomas provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Ascension Saint Thomas, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas West:
Comprehensive Cardiovascular Program
Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital
Truven Top 100 Hospital 14 Consecutive years
Kidney Transplant Program
Robust Robotic Surgical Program
New 14 bed ICU in development in a 100+ ICU bed hospital
What You Will Do
This unit at Saint Thomas West is the TN Area's only dedicated Pulmonary unit! You will work alongside 2 Thoracic Surgeons as well as Pulmonologists, and Respiratory Therapists. As a Pulmonary RN you would expect to care for acute and chronic pulmonary diseases such as COPD & pneumonia as well as post-op thoracic surgeries. Skills you would expect to utilize on this unit are antibiotic administration, chest tube management, pain control, complex oxygenation needs and tracheostomy care.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Opportunity for advancement- All the leaders on this unit formerly worked on the unit.
- One on One Education from a Unit Dedicated NP
- Opportunity to learn Critical Care Nursing skills
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- One year of hospital experience is preferred.
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.