Personal Care Aide (PCA)
Bring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
- Provides direct care to residents to improve or maintain the resident’s abilities according to the resident’s plan of care. Seeks assistance of charge nurse when unsure of assignment, procedure, or situation.
- Receives and completes all resident care assignments and other activities as assigned by Charge Nurse.
- Provides delivery of care in a compassionate, quality manner with kindness, respect, and dignity.
- Participates in improving quality of environment by positively contributing to the elimination of odors and pressure wounds and maintenance of a clean and homelike environment.
- Assists in activities of daily living (ADLs) including bathing, grooming, dressing, mobility, transferring, and feeding of assigned residents by providing set-up assistance, verbal prompts, physical support or more extensive assistance.
After successful completion of the state approved training and competency evaluation program, the employee will function in the position of Personal Care Assistant (PCA). The PCA provides limited nursing related services to residents at the direction of their supervisor, and in a manner consistent with each resident’s comprehensive assessment and plan of care.
Our commitment to our team members:
- Nurse & CNA preceptor program – Become a mentor and get paid!
- Grow our staff thru the O2NE program that offers fully paid LPN or RN higher education and training
- PayActiv – Have immediate access up to 50% for your pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available - Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Generous friend referral program
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- Volunteer community involvement opportunities
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resource available for anyone in the ASC family.
American Senior Communities