About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Delivers quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Registered Nurses. In accordance with local practice acts and regulations, delegates and ensures supervision of nursing activities and functions to other competent nursing personnel appropriate to their scope of practice. Assumes assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of care delivered; works to ensure a safe environment for themselves, the patient and other staff members. Acts as a patient advocate that promotes the quality of health care delivered in the facility and serve as a leader at all times to promote best practices within the profession of nursing.
JOB DUTIES * Utilizes a systematic approach to meet the health needs of each individual patient.
- Performs health assessments and interprets collected data to determine appropriate course of action(s) to address the needs of the patient.
- Formulates a plan of care/action based on clinical findings.
- Implements nursing care within the RN’s scope of practice. (Includes compliance with all laws as applicable in the practice setting).
- Develops and implements teaching plans based on the individual needs of the patient. The plans should speak to health promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Provides for the care of multiple patients either through direct care or assignment and/or delegation of care to other members of the health care team.
- Evaluates patient’s response to therapeutic interventions and communicates with other members of the health care team to address potential changes to the overall care plan for the patient.
- Focuses on the “critical think” processes as the basis for all decision making.
- Other nursing duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS * Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Job Locations US-MD-Jessup
Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 91221
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs