· Proactively researching existing and proposed tax law to determine impact on clients’ financial position; present finding / recommendations to clients as appropriate
· Experience and understanding of flow through taxation, Partnership and S Corp.
· Reviewing work papers prepared by staff; recommend changes, additional documentation, research, and calculations as necessary to comply with applicable tax law and Firm policy
· Participating in business development activities to increase client base; attend networking events and industry meetings and partake in thought leadership and speaking engagements
· Leading client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
· Planning and participating in tax projects and compliance on various clients including law firms, engineering firms, medical and other types of professional service businesses
· Communicating with business owners as well as the internal accounting and tax departments of business clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
· Recommending tax strategies and solutions by being a thought leader understanding client’s business requirements and current market conditions
· Interacting directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management
· Assisting with business development activities by expanding existing client relationships and proposal participation and new business prospect sales appointments
· Managing, supervising, training and leading the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process
· Managing engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
· Assisting with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
· Demonstrating excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
· Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical.
· Minimum of eight (8) years of public accounting experience
· Degree in Accounting or related field required
· Masters in Taxation, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred
· Active CPA license required
· Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state, partnerships and individual tax returns
· Strong technical proficiency
· Willing to travel locally (DC/MD/VA); limited travel involved
· Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, S Corporations, C Corporations and Pass through experience
· Experience in preparation and review of Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership tax returns is required
· The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
· Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
· Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
· Ability to compose written tax advice
· Strong leadership and business development skills and integrity within a professional environment
· Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast paced environment
· Computer software experience, including knowledge of various tax software packages and technologies, is expected.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites as required, is expected.
Powered by JazzHR