The Dispatch Secretary is responsible for providing organizational and administrative support for Dispatch. This will include but is not limited to providing data entry, driver paperwork preparation, board reconciliation, IT support for E-Log, dash cam and iBright systems and assisting the dispatchers with daily tasks.
· Impeccable data entry skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Telephone Skills
· Verbal Communication
· Basic tablet/smartphone/IT knowledge
· Customer Focus
· Ability to Multi-task
· Customer Service
· Microsoft Office proficiency
· Scheduling pickup and deliveries as requested by dispatch
· Enter loads into dispatch board as needed
· Reconcile load board daily and enter truck mileage for accounting
· Assist IT Technician with E-log, Dash Cam and iBright system for IT related issues and troubleshooting as requested
· Assist Drivers with tablet troubleshooting, updates, and maintenance
· Manage Nest Run farm supplies
· Assist the Dispatch Manager with other duties as requested or needed for efficient operation
· High school diploma, or GED/equivalent experience
· Complete support of and willing adherence to New Holland Transport, Inc.’s mission, vision and core values. Applicant must hold these standards as his/her own.
· Detail Oriented
· Effective speaking and listening skills
· Be proficient in basic computer tasks, including typing, email, and internet use
· Have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Strong Customer Service Skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Have a positive attitude
Ability to effectively listen and respond to questions from customers, visitors and the general public to direct them to the correct person and/or assist them with their needs. Ability to effectively correspond and communicate with internal personnel of the company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in basic units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret bar graphs. Also have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
At times the Dispatch Secretary/Assistant will be privileged to information that should not be shared. The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing his/her duties.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Be respectful
· Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity across a variety of cultures
· Be flexible and willing to learn
· Demonstrate sound work ethics
Physical Requirements / Environmental Conditions:
The Dispatch Secretary/Assistant will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The Dispatch Secretary/Assistant may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time. New Holland Transport, Inc. may be a busy facility. The Dispatch Secretary/Assistant may have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees, customers and transportation personnel. The Dispatch Secretary/Assistant may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time/stress management skills to complete the required tasks.