Quick Med Claims (QMC) is a nationally recognized leader in emergency medical transportation billing and reimbursement. QMC is committed to providing services in a manner that ensures compliance with all applicable billing and reimbursement regulations while maximizing the capture of allowable reimbursement for each client. The commitment to adherence to both of these principles makes QMC the partner of choice for emergency medical transportation providers.
The company experience is deep enough and broad enough to ensure a high level of quality in all aspects of the service while maintaining a manageable number of clients to provide individual attention for each. This balance has been the hallmark of the QMC approach since the foundation of the company.
QMC enjoys the best reputation in the industry for enhancing reimbursement, quality personnel, and commitment to customer service excellence.
QMC is committed to the success of the emergency medical transportation programs that it supports and the existing client base has benefited from this commitment. QMC leadership works closely with client leadership to meet the strategic goals of the program and the sponsoring organizations.
Job Summary and Overview:.
Under the direction of the Account Manager, the Billing Specialist performs a wide variety of duties to support the Billing Specialists in their day to day workflow. These tasks are completed according to company standards as well as state and federal guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Verify patients’ insurance information utilizing various resources such as websites, telephone IVR’s, and provider relation CSR’s when applicable.
- Make telephone calls to patients, hospitals, insurance companies, and/or attorneys as needed to research claims or obtain insurance information.
- Contact insurance carriers to inquire about the status of past due accounts.
- Meet or exceed defined productivity standards.
- Document details of activity on each account in the claims processing system (RescueNet)
- Process primary and secondary paper claims to insurance carriers.
- Follow up on self-pay accounts. This includes contacting the patient by telephone to inquire about insurance coverage or to establish payment plans.
- Follow up on accounts that have reached collections to ensure they have been fully worked before the account is referred to an external collection agency.
- Work returned mail and bad address accounts as needed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs, preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with insurance billing, preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with Medical Billing, ICD-9/ICD-10 Coding, and Medical Terminology preferred but not required.
- Basic computer knowledge is essential
- Proficient use of Internet Explorer and the ability to navigate various websites
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Time management and the ability to multitask are essential
- Must display sufficient written and oral communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer service oriented
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR