Paradigm Design is a national Architectural & Engineering firm with offices in Phoenix, Arizona and in Grand Rapids & Traverse City, Michigan. During our nearly 50 years in operation, we have made a name for ourselves as a full-service, go-to firm in various residential, commercial, and municipal markets. We are active members of our own communities, as well as licensed to practice in nearly all 50 states. Made up of Architects as well as Civil and Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing engineers all working together under one roof, we are truly able to develop the spaces that build communities.
At Paradigm, we know our people are the heart of our success! We recognize the importance of diversity and inclusiveness, and we are truly a firm where all employees can grow and be engaged in our achievements.
As our Architectural Technician, you will work on-site at our Grand Rapids office to support Architectural Coordinators and Project Managers to deliver building design and construction document services. In this role you will:
- Tech/CAD II: Independently create drawings for simple projects from design intent provided by project coordinator. Also create drawings for large/complex projects from layout and designs by senior team members.
- Tech/CAD III: Independently create drawings for large/complex projects from design intent provided by project coordinator.
- Use architectural design software to prepare architectural and design documents under supervision of project coordinator or project manager from rough sketches or from general architectural and design information (verbal instructions and notes.)
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings such as those needed for industrial, commercial, institutional, and government projects and complete simple calculations with specific instructions.
- Translate mark-ups into drawings and analyze for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting to project coordinator or project manager for review.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture, CAD, Design Technology, or similar education - required
- Minimum 1+/- years of related experience with degree, 2 years' experience without degree - required
- Skilled in Revit and AutoCAD - required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. - required
- Team player - works well in a team environment - required
- Can multi-task in a fast-paced environment - required
We know our people are working hard, so we play hard too! Employee events happen monthly where our team can better get to know each other: bowling, baseball games, and Happy Hours. In addition to team events, we provide our people with competitive compensation, encourage a collaborative work environment, and support a flexible work schedule.
If you are interested in joining our growing team as an Architectural Technician, please submit a resume to apply. This is a once in a career opportunity to significantly make your mark. In this role, you will be rewarded with competitive wages, bonus potential, and great benefits. Applications will be immediately and confidentially considered. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
To learn more about us, please visit us at .