JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are seeking a motivated and proactive lawyer to serve as Associate Counsel. Reporting to the General Counsel, the lawyer in this role will serve as a generalist, acting as an integral member of the Company’s legal team by advising senior leaders on all legal matters affecting the Company, including business transactions, litigation, IP, M&A, compliance, securities, employment matters, real estate, managing the Company’s contracting process, and supporting all business units in their day-to-day tasks.
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Transactional oversight including leading mergers and acquisitions
- Contract negotiation
- Manage and assist with all aspects of the litigation process, including assessing risk, developing strategy, partnering with outside counsel, reviewing pleadings, discovery, etc.
- Securities laws compliance
- Manage commercial sales, marketing activities, and intellectual property matters
- Manage or assist in managing the offense, defense and negotiation of a wide variety of commercial and employment related matters and disputes
- Provide day-to-day business, employment, regulatory, UCC, securities, and real estate advice to Company employees and the Board of Directors
- Provide clear legal advice and practical business-focused solutions enabling the business to achieve its objectives while preserving and protecting the Company’s integrity and reputation
- All other functions a lawyer in a big business should serve
- J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school with a strong academic record
- 3 year minimum experience in a law firm or in-house role
- Admission to a U.S. bar (Colorado preferred)
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work well independently and on a team
- Excellent judgment, particularly in determining the significance of legal matters in tandem with business objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively with personnel at all levels throughout the Company
- Ability to write in a universally-understandable and persuasive manner
- Ability to explain difficult legal concepts in plain terms
- Hold a genuine desire to add value through hard work
- Meld a long-term view of success while working with short-term urgency