Posted Date 3 weeks ago(06/05/2020 12:47 PM)
Job ID 2020-0010 # Positions 1 Experience (Years) 4 Category Contract Administration & Enforcement/Representation - Scheduling and Contract Enforcement
Scheduling Administrative Coordinator
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world seeks an experienced Scheduling Administrative Coordinator for our Atlanta office to provide administrative services for 14,500 Delta pilots, the Scheduling and Contract Administration Committees, and pilots regarding crew scheduling, as well as handling calls and supporting contract enforcement, under general supervision and within the limitations of Association policy. S/he also handles individual pilot(s) scheduling and work rule calls and questions related to contract enforcement; serves as administrative liaison between the Association and Delta to clarify and/or resolve individual pilot scheduling concerns; communicates with Delta and Committees as directed; keeps the Officers apprised of National and Committee agendas; independently drafts correspondence for the review and approval of the Scheduling and Contract Committee(s) and may produce a variety of briefs, contracts, forms, letters, minutes, papers, reports, and/or updates related to the work of the committees; and, establishes, organizes, and maintains up-to-date scheduling system files, filing and purging materials as directed and in accordance with established records management procedures and retention schedules.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of Delta pilot scheduling and work rules strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Delta pilot contract and corporate practices strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of System Board of Adjustment, Federal Flight Time/Duty Time, and other Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) preferred.
- Four (4) years of related experience, five (5) or more preferred.
- MS Office proficiency required.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Effective interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact to work with all levels of employees, management, and membership.
- Word processing speed of 40 words per minute (wpm) required, 45+ wpm preferred.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and frequently converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office. Also includes occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack and/or move the shipping cases.
Required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). Sporadically, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, boxes, cases, and/or files weighing as much as 25 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Relocation not provided.
Air Line Pilots Association, Int