We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is .
The Finishing Operator will label and package pharmaceutical products, as well as visually inspect (manually and semi-automated) product containers to meet client demand and expectations according to standard operating procedures (SOP). They train and develop personnel to adhere to guidelines and achieve goals in order to meet client demand. This role contributes to creating an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product. This position reports to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), including legible documentation compliant with cGMP procedures
- Apply labels to various components and package product in boxes, blister packs, cartons, cases, and kits
- Visually inspect product in black & white booth or semi-automated inspection machine at established target rates or qualified speeds, respectively
- Manually examine printed materials and products to ensure specifications are met, including variable text printed on-line
- Assist with the inspection of performance qualification/ validation materials, Technical Services studies, and larger scale sampling operations
- Maintain organization at all times within Finishing work areas to ensure equipment and product segregation, readiness and to prevent any contamination or rejection of batches.
- Perform routine cleanup and line clearances to maintain cGMP compliance within Finishing work areas
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 6 months previous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
- Legible documentation of data entry per cGMP procedures
- Ability to comprehend detailed instruction, as well as communication instructions to co-workers
- Experience with detailed inspections preferred
- Ability to independently make decisions based on training
- Each Finishing Operator level will have will have specific training requirements
- 20/20 Corrected Vision and ability to pass color blind test
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 40 pounds
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Ability to move the hands easily and skillfully
- Required to stand or sit for over 8 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks and maintain pace of a continuous production process
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.