With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefits offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Supervisor drives improved equipment reliability by ensuring all installations/repairs are completed with quality workmanship and per best maintenance practices. The supervisor will assist with the development of solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations.
Initially the position will act as a piping lead while working to help develop, design, engineer and build new 220" paper machine. They will transition to day-to-day maintenance reporting activities, reporting to the mill maintenance manager.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ensures that proper safety practices are followed.
- Direct responsibility hourly Maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Planners to ensure that all preventive maintenance activities are scheduled and completed.
- Initiate work orders and actions to correct unsafe conditions.
- Attend daily maintenance planning and coordination meetings to help prioritize scheduled work and efficiently handle “break-in” work as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance and creative thinking during planning and coordination meetings to deliver the most cost-effective solutions to mechanical and instrumentation issues.
- Prioritizes work to be performed by the General Mechanics; consulting with Reliability/Planning Engineers on work to be contracted to outside services.
- Work with reliability group to ensure that downtime preventive maintenance programs or permanent mechanical equipment modifications are put in place to address the “root cause(s)” of downtime and quality issues.
- Schedule work assignments, vacations, and address other personnel issues for the Utilities Department maintenance personnel.
- Assist in development and execution of the Utilities Department “outage” planning strategy.
- Collaborate with Utilities Department operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
- Mentor and coach operations/maintenance personnel on the technical fundamentals as appropriate.
- 3 – 5 year’s maintenance experience in pulp/paper mill preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (Preventive and Predictive Maintenance) Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Skilled in utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines on a continuous basis.
- Skilled in Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to estimate man-hours and costs for maintenance work.
- Strong leader and team player and communicator.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Use of ladders and stairs in the mill environment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Managerial Courage
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Managing through Systems
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. .