UPM Raflatac is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Technician responsible for all aspects of electrical, automation and mechanical maintenance, including coordination with outside resources – whether group support or contractors – to ensure proper operation and upkeep of equipment. This is a multi-craft, electrical and mechanical, maintenance position at the Dixon facility.
UPM Raflatac is labelling a smarter future by developing innovative and sustainable labelling solutions complemented with world-class service. As one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labelling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.9 billion) in 2017. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM – The Biofore Company. Find out more at .
Greetings from your future manager:
“We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician in our state-of-the art manufacturing facility located in Dixon, IL. In this technical role, you will enjoy working with a high level of automation technology. If you are interested in continuous learning and being involved in a quick paced, safe environment, this position is for you”. –Kevin Henson, Maintenance Supervisor
What you’ll do:
- Execute assigned work orders and troubleshoot automation, electrical and mechanical equipment problems
- Participate in new equipment installations, upgrades and modifications and monitor PLC software
- Recommend and implement corrective/preventive measures to eliminate equipment problems and improve work practices
- Participate in a preventative and reliability-centered maintenance program to optimize mechanical efficiency and production flow
- Maintain appropriate documentation of condition monitoring, work performed, parts used, and follow-up needed as related to equipment maintenance
- Maintain appropriate housekeeping standards in all work areas and assist co-workers as necessary in the same and other job functions
- Work closely with production staff leadership to schedule required maintenance, and ensure appropriate alignment of machines and equipment
- Perform all duties consistent with the Roles and Responsibilities defined in the company’s OHS Standards and Guidelines and support implementation of program initiatives for Dixon.
- You have a combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Automation, or related discipline, and 5–10 years responsible multi-craft maintenance in an industrial environment, with primary expertise in electrical/automation maintenance
- You have knowledge of the National Electric Code and relevant OSHA requirements
- You have a basic understanding of mechanical components used and the effective maintenance of a wide range of equipment, including highly automated, technologically advanced machinery
- You are able to read and interpret blueprints and maintenance diagrams for electrical and mechanical components
- You must have a good understanding of PLC systems, and the ability to create PLC-program code and program documentation
- You have well developed problem solving skills, and the ability to adapt quickly to changing demands
- You have excellent communication skills, the ability to relate well to a wide range of constituents and can work independently, as well as a member of a team.
- Background in mechanical aspects of maintenance such as welding, machining, pneumatic and hydraulic systems preferred
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Location: Dixon, IL
Are you interested? Send your application and CV in via our recruiting system until:
July 9th, 2020
If you have any technical issues with submitting your application, please contact our HR Service Center at email@example.com or 877-723-5247.
This Job Description is intended to be a guide and is not intended to be a contract of employment, explicit or implicit. All contents are subject to change at the sole discretion of the company. Cooperation is expected of all employees. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
UPM North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer