As a Senior Software Engineer on the Applications Team, a regular day could include working closely with PEAK6's trading desk and product team to identify opportunities to improve and automate workflows, helping the team manage and reduce technical debt, deploying and measuring usage of tools in production, and writing full stack Python code with other engineers on the team to build out the future of PEAK6's custom trading applications. Additionally, Senior Software Engineers regularly participate in and contribute to regular architecture cadences, drive discussions and decisions on coding standards and practices, mentor other engineers and help reinforce and improve PEAK6's engineering culture.
On the Applications Team, you'll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with trading and technology teams on trading strategy, creating applications for both individual traders as well as more robust applications for broader scale use across the entire firm.
- Providing influence and critical inputs into strategic business plans and trading application architecture.
- Contribute to the full product development lifecycle of critical tools that enable trading and firm portfolio management.
- Ensuring quality and correctness of applications through automated testing as well as manual interaction with the products.
- Monitoring applications in production for performance and effectiveness, always looking for areas to improve the user's workflow.
- Optimizing and monitoring critical path performance.
- Troubleshooting production issues quickly and efficiently.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- 5+ years of software development, with some trading or finance industry experience ideally.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Linux platform.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passion for mentoring engineers and building software as part of a team
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Senior Software Engineer, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program