This position is primarily responsible for cleaning of all resident rooms and/or apartments in the Health Center on a daily basis. Additional duties include cleaning of bathrooms and common areas throughout the community.
General Cleaning Roles
1. Performs daily cleaning functions of all surface areas and additional assigned areas throughout the community.
- Obtains work orders from the Housekeeping Manager on special cleaning projects and completes task(s) by the given time frame. Returns signed work order to the manager to be filed in work order log book.
- Obtains all necessary cleaning solutions and supplies from the supply closet in order to perform daily cleaning duties. Returns all supplies upon completion of assigned tasks.
- Performs cleaning of all carpeted surfaces daily. Vacuums and spot clean all carpeted areas throughout the community. Notes any maintenance of the carpet needed and reports to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Completes daily dry and wet mopping of tiled or hard surface floors.
- Conducts spot cleaning of all walls, doors, windows and ledges as appropriate. Performs high and low dust of all surfaces on a weekly basis.
- Polishes all furniture and metal or porcelain fixtures in common areas on a weekly basis.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures as requested upon a resident's discharge or transfer. Signs off on all cleaning done to resident rooms and returns to Manager.
- Cleans windows, doors, and mirrors throughout common areas and resident rooms within the community. Reports any found articles to Housekeeping Manager.
- Collects and transports all waste or trash from cleaning duties to the specified dumpster for trash pick up.
- Obtains lists of resident apartments and/or cottages for weekly cleaning services. Performs general cleaning duties and completes in a timely manner. Signs off on all duties completed and returns to Manager.
- Empties and cleans all waste receptacles and reline with clean trash liners. Cleans and sanitizes ashtrays inside resident homes and outside of the community entrances.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with residents, families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, and other department staff.
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and coworkers; willingly follows directions and requests as appropriate.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one (1) to three (3) years of housekeeping experience in a long term care community required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong customer service and be knowledgeable in basic cleaning principles and practices.
Please do not call to check on the status of your application. The hiring manager will review all applications and contact you should you meet the requirements of the position.