We're looking for someone to join our team as a Mental Health Assistant who:
Works with nursing team, under the direct supervision of a registered nurse (RN), assisting with therapeutic interventions with patients exhibiting significant disturbances in emotional, cognitive and physical behaviors. Provides comprehensive patient centered care and implements psychosocial interventions. Helps with basic activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Assists with bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, ambulating, transferring, elimination needs and therapeutic program participation of psychiatric patients.
- Assists in maintaining program functions including meal supervision and patient safety checks.
- Assists in structured therapeutic activities and supportive interactions with patients.
- Participates in developing plans for meeting the daily care needs of patients as determined by the care plan.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree behavioral health related field, nursing or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Experience in a behavioral health setting conducting therapeutic interventions: Preferred