POSITIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Deputy Program Manager – Manages one or more Task Orders, depending on the Contractor’s management structure; Must have a working knowledge of the contract and some degree of authority to perform the PM's role for limited periods of time when the Program Manager is unavailable; Requires college degree and at least four (4) years of relevant experience or a high school diploma and eight (8) years of relevant experience; Relevant experience required for this position involves project management experience performing tasks such as staffing, budgeting, and scheduling is required in this role; Experience in a scientific research or clinical environment or a Federal agency is preferred.
- Administrative Assistant – Performs administrative functions including generic clerical skills such as greeting and directing visitors, fielding phone calls, scheduling meetings, responding to callers, taking minutes, composing memos, transcribing, developing presentations, generating reports, and monitoring invoices and expense reports; Must have basic computer skills to conduct internet research and perform data entry; Additional duties may include filing and faxing; A minimum of high school diploma or GED is required.
- Administrative Assistant/Secretary - In addition to the Administrative Assistant duties, performs administrative and office support activities that require an ability to multi-task and assist multiple NIH employees at once; More advanced computer skills are required to perform word processing, spreadsheet management, and conduct more advanced internet research; Responsibilities include reviewing and disseminating memoranda to staff; conducting documents control for routing through office; preparing purchase request for small purchases, reviewing draft policies, standard operating procedures, and memoranda for grammar and format; coordinating travel and submitting data into the NIH travel system; compiling equipment requirements for office staff (e.g., laptops, printers, monitors); preparing training requests; and preparing matrix of office needs; A minimum of a high school diploma or GED and two (2) years of related work experience are required.
- Sr. Administrative Assistant – In addition to the Administrative Assistant/Secretary duties, performs more complex administrative tasks and will typically be supporting senior-level staff; Advanced computer skills and internet research skills are required; Must be able to perform administrative functions such as creating and analyzing written documents for dissemination to leadership, compiling information for outside inquiries and reports, and developing and maintaining tracking tools to be used for reporting data; A high level of creativity is expected; Prior work in a scientific research environment for a large Federal agency, as well as a firm knowledge of business administration is desired; A college degree or a high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of related work experience are required.
- Executive Assistant – Performs administrative duties for executive management, and relieves the executive of administrative type functions in order to increase the time an executive has available for executive level responsibilities; Requires the ability to perform all administrative tasks; but requires advanced computer and internet research skills, the ability to handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office; Responsibilities include having confidential and time sensitive Material, preparing routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports; relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be able to work well with all levels of management and staff; Prior experience in a scientific research environment for a large Federal agency is preferred; A comprehensive understanding of NIH, its organization and culture is also desired; A college degree and four (4) years of related work experience or a high school diploma or GED and eight (8) years of related work experience are required.
- Must be able to speak and read in English.
- Must meet the minimum required experience for the related position.
- Must be able to conduct in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Experience in a scientific research or clinical environment or a Federal agency is preferred.
- At least a high school diploma or GED is required; college degree is preferred.
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass a minimum background investigation
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit