Monday - Friday daytime hours but may need to work outside those hours on occasion as the job calls for.
$55,000 - $70,000, based on experience
Resume, Cover Letter
Technology Specialist - School of Meteorology
Technology Specialists play a critical role on the OU IT Mission Support team with responsibility for delivering IT services, managing administrative/academic relationships, and establishing technology support and strategies for service areas.
Specialists support and meet technology needs that align with the culture, goals, and needs of the service area and must have broad technology experience. These important positions will coordinate and manage the process of service delivery, technology integration, and collaborative solution building.
This particular role will be embedded in the School of Meteorology, where an acute understanding, awareness, and passion for the sciences will be key to success.
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting and technical support for computers (Windows, Linux, and Mac), peripherals, servers, storage solutions, and classroom equipment used by faculty, staff and students.
- Facilitate the delivery of OU IT’s core services, including monitoring issues and updating tickets on behalf of customers in order to ensure that required service levels are being met.
- Assist in solving problems with various meteorological software tools and programs.
- Administer databases and archives of historical weather and climate data, as well as feeds of real time meteorological data (NOAAPORT).
- Help administer and support clusters that are used for various weather and data retrieval simulations
- In collaboration with appropriate IT teams, help maintain SOM computers labs, update software packages, and provide web and online development.
- Provide consultation to customers for new technology procurement including those specific to atmospheric science applications.
- Coordinate campus technology integration into existing customer workflows and coordinate training for end-users.
- Oversee and set up account access, permissions, and resource management
- Serve as a primary point of contact with IT teams in order to affect customer resolution and satisfaction.
- Review and maintain applicable content in the ticketing system – status, progress, and resolution; escalate issues and concerns as appropriate within OU IT.
- Maintain external and internal knowledge base content as you establish and document appropriate processes and procedures for customer support.
- Speak with researchers about meteorological software, processes and theory in order to best support their initiatives.
- Work within a federated structure strengthening our Weather Enterprise.
- Manage customer expectations on each issue and project.
- Provide an appropriate level of business analysis and determine solutions that support, enhance and improve the business.
- Engage IT resources in Services, Projects, Infrastructure, Applications, and the Business Office as necessary to meet customer needs.
- Proactively monitor customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit a positive demeanor and represent OU IT with professionalism.
- Manage and coordinate technical projects and technology related events.
- Collaborate with other specialists across campus for appropriate solutions.
- Research and maintain an awareness of customer business drivers and appropriate technology resources and solutions.
- Promote two-way communication between the customer and IT and within IT teams.
- Engage in proactive support by anticipating issues and developing appropriate solutions.
- Exhibit behaviors that foster a culture of innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology, atmospheric science or a closely related field OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 18-36 months experience working in a scientific computing environment.
- Experience writing, maintaining and troubleshooting scripting languages including Python, MATLAB, IDL, Bash, Perl, C/C++.
- Experience creating, developing and maintaining databases including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server 2017 Express.
- Knowledge of various scientific file formats frequently used in the atmospheric sciences (grib, NetCDF, HDF5, etc.).
- Operating knowledge of common meteorological analysis tools (LDM, AWIPS-II, Unidata Tools).
- Proven performance delivering contract-based service to customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess knowledge of current personal computer hardware, operating systems, client/server, and network technologies, including printers and peripheral devices. Ability to install and configure a wide variety of software applications.
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions, communicate and see including color, depth perception or clarity. Must also be able to sit or stand for short or extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of web development within CMSs (WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager).
- Experience working in a technology organization, especially in higher ed.
- ITIL certification or experience in an ITIL environment.
- No Supervisory Duties
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy.
You MUST go to jobs.ou.edu to be considered for the position. First, click on, External Applicants, Next, you will need to find the field that allows you to put in a job number, enter, 200796. This will allow you to view the job and apply if you wish.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
Attracting top students from across the nation and more than 100 countries around the world, OU provides a major university experience in a private college atmosphere. In fact, OU is number one in the nation in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled at a public university, and is in the top five of public universities in the nation in the graduation of Rhodes Scholars.
OU has emerged as a pacesetter for public higher education in the United States and is ranked by The Princeton Review among the top 10 public universities in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students. https://jobs.ou.edu/