Integrated Defense Systems
Job Description: Senior Electrical Engineer I/II - FPGA Design
The Radar Controls and Electronics Department in the Electrical Products Team at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) is seeking an experienced senior level engineer in the development and implementation of FPGA based designs for interface communications and/or data processing applications. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to acceptance delivery to maintenance.
Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts. Our engineers are assigned to a manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills. Each section manager is responsible for their members' performance, career development and assigning tasks that balance the employees' interests with current needs of the project teams.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
This position can be a Sr Electrical Engineer I - G08 or Sr Electrical Engineer II - G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience designing FPGAs using VHDL/Verilog.
- Experience in Xilinx Programmable Devices or Intel programmable devices
- Experience using VHDL simulation tools such as Questasim
- Experience using synthesis tools including Synplify and back-end tools including Xilinx Vivado, Intel Quartus and others
- Working knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as RS-422, USB, PCIe, etc.
- 6+ years of professional experience designing FPGAs using VHDL.
- Experience in high speed interfaces such as SRIO, Aurora Experience with Timing Closure and utilizing Chipscope
- Experience and knowledge developing requirements for Firmware products
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Proficiency in Linux
- Working knowledge in the integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces a plus
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy, Clearcase or git
- Working knowledge/course work of signal & image processing, digital communications and/or control theories
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or STEM Major (advanced degree a plus)
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems - delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
U.S. FLSA Classification