Tower Technician's build on their previous telecom experience and understanding of the wireless industry while backing up the lead tower hand. 40-60% of time spent onsite climbing Cell Towers. Techs must back up the lead tower hand when working top side and back up the tower foreman when on the ground. Learn and develop an understanding for color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, etc. (as it pertains to the SOW at hand).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc. including mounts, radios, and antennas
- Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel when required.
- First Aid/BBP @ CPR
- SACW IIPP
- PPE use and requirements
- Lock out Tag out
- RF Awareness
- SACW on board/protocols
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe, capstan etc.)
- Minimum 6 months experience in a role working on cell sites
- Safety conscious
- Quick learners
- Able to take direction
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Acute attention to detail.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Onsite at job locations.
- Potential exposure to outdoor elements.
SAC Wireless helps customers keep the world connected with our ideas, innovations and solutions. SAC offers a complete portfolio of self-performing services to support major network builds, 5G LTE upgrades and indoor/outdoor small cell and distributed antenna systems (DAS) deployments. The company's core business consists of fully integrated network solutions, specializing in site development, architectural and engineering design management, construction services and management, equipment installation, commissioning and integration, operations and maintenance.
SAC works with telecom carriers, major tower owners, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) across the United States. We bring more than two decades of experience to help our customers design, build and upgrade cellular networks. By choosing us to build their networks, customers have made SAC the #1 turnkey network construction company in the United States. SAC wireless is a wholly-owned, independently-operating Nokia company.