Reports to: Dean of Operations
Employment Classification: Full-time (32 hours)
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Northwest Milwaukee
Join a Transformational Team
Seton Catholic Schools is a collaborative network of Catholic elementary and middle schools in the Greater Milwaukee area. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. Over the next several years, Seton will include nearly 30 schools serving 10,000 students and be a national model for urban school renewal. By joining our team, you can be a part of this important transformation.
The Maintenance & Janitorial Staff is responsible for ensuring that a clean, safe, and healthy environment exists for students, employees, and visitors. This position will entail general maintenance/repairs of assigned facility, including electrical, plumbing, boilers/HV AC, green space and buildings. Responsible for some aspects of custodial work.
The job will include the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the upkeep of the school’s facilities. Maintain cleanliness and safety of school grounds.
- Ensure a safe, secure, warm and welcoming school environment at all times
- Complete daily rounds/inspections (e.g. turning on lights, unlocking entrances, checking boiler/HVAC, etc.)
- Perform general maintenance/repair of facilities including electrical, plumbing, boilers and grounds
- Perform general custodial tasks throughout school including cafeteria, lobbies, bathrooms, and church, outside grounds.
- Performs general maintenance duties as assigned.
- Performs preventative maintenance and checks to ensure equipment health.
- Support school facility projects
- Execute seasonal tasks including salting, snow removal, preparation of HVAC system
- Ensure building is kept up to code and in compliance including maintaining current documentation.
- Clean up/disinfect spills, vomit and other accidents.
- Remove trash
- Strips, waxes and buffs floors
- Communication with manager, school staff, and other stakeholders
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines and support a safe work environment
- Other job tasks as assigned
- Valid driver's license and good driving record. Drive as necessary between school sites, with snow plow and on errands as required by school.
- Valid license for operation of (high/Iow) pressure boiler. (Not Required)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Technical School certifications and or training preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures, especially Asbestos
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekend, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and perform all movements as requested by a maintenance work.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental and vision coverage.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee pension program.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- A collaborative, regional network of educators aligned to vision, mission and educational outcomes.
- A commitment to hiring a diverse team, reflective of our school communities.