The IT Technical Business Analyst is a part of the IT team responsible for ongoing application support and project work for the NGL commercial business area. This position works with key stakeholders to capture requirements, perform gap analysis, and collaborate with Quorum Software and Transport4 on enhancements to the e-ONE and T4 applications that will provide the highest value add to the NGL commercial business. This position is also responsible for day-to-day and month-end close application support, implementing new assets into the existing application software stack and supporting custom interfaces and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement new assets and support existing assets in the third party enterprise software suite for the Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) business sector.
Develop and support in-house written custom interfaces and reports.
Collaborate with business users, internal technology teams and vendors to establish and prioritize business and technology requirements.
Create detailed requirements of the user experience and user-system/system-system interactions through discussion as well as narrative and pictorial artifacts. Ensure accuracy of requirements during the entire development process.
Coordinate technical implementation and migration of software upgrades, patches, code releases, and database changes for the various enterprise applications.
Develop and review integration and quality assurance test plans as needed.
Follow a strict methodology and process for change control, application support, and escalation.
Provide training, guidance, and resource support for end users.
Provide emergency support for critical priority issues and other business critical situations in a fast-paced environment. These systems include enterprise software to support the Measurement, Commercial and Accounting business groups.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- BS degree in MIS/CIS/CSE or equivalent experience.
- Business analysis experience translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Strong knowledge of various business processes such as Contracts, Nominations, Scheduling/Distribution, Ticket Processing, Invoicing, Accounting, etc. in the NGL sector or other Midstream sector.
- Experience querying and writing scripts for Oracle Server and MS SQL Server databases.
- A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
- A strong customer service attitude and focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as business presentation skills. Interfaces effectively across organizational lines addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with Business Users and Software Developers to provide solutions that further enhance the applications and provide the business user with an improved experience.
- Attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output.
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivlanent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
- End-to-end transactional experience in Natural Gas Liquids pipelines, storage facilities and fractionators utilizing Dearman, Flow-Cal, Quorum e-ONE (Entero ONE) and Transport4 software or similar systems.
- Strong understanding of combining multiple software applications via interfaces into a single business solution.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies to successfully implement business focused technology solutions.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Familiar with the Sarbanes Oxley control environment and change control processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.