THE best MA job in healthcare!
Work with a collaborative team.
Perform intakes and assessment in the medical unit.
Very controlled environment.
No family and friends interference.
No crazy insurance issues.
PRN - Flexible Schedule
Wexford of Indiana - Partner with Dept of Corrections
New Castle Correctional Facility Medical Unit - New Castle, IN
Wexford of Indiana LLC is a member of the Wexford family of companies: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. Wexford provides clients with experienced management; technologically advanced services; and programs that control costs while ensuring quality of care. For more than two decades, the Wexford companies have consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford of Indiana LLC, our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing select non-complex interventions safely, accurately, and according to standard procedure. Medical Assistants work under direct and indirect supervision of an RN or LPN.
Interrelates and works effectively with clients, other medical assistants, LPNs, RNs, clerks, correctional officers, and other support staff and managers.
Duties and responsibilities will vary with specific assignments. * Identify basic signs and symptoms of deviations from normal health status. Provide this information to the nurse and/or physician.
- Collect basic subjective and objective date from observations and interviews. Provide this information to the nurse and/or physician.
- Perform V.S. and initial screening on sick call clients consistent with scope of practice.
- Provide appropriate first aid and CPR. Report findings to the nurse and/or physician.
- Assist the physician or nurse with procedures and treatments.
- Schedule physician, dentist, and nurse sick call appointments.
- Clean, package and sterilize instruments.
- Fax prescription orders to the pharmacy for new orders and refills.
- Receive, inspect and inventory medication orders for accuracy.
- Maintain needle, syringe and instrument inventory and record of receipt and issuance.
- Inventory and restock first aid kits, supply rooms, etc.
- Check expiration dates on medications and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Completion of an assistive health care personnel training/educational program including but not limited to medical assistant, nurse aide, pharmacy technician.
One-year experience in a position with equivalent responsibilities. Able to meet competency requirements
Current CPR certification. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification preferred.
Wexford Health Sources